PA Open Records Law
The Open Records Law allows the public to inspect and/or obtain copies of public records. Jenkins Township, PA has adopted Open Records Regulations and Procedures.
Submit a Request for Records
• Requests can be sent via post mail to: Office of the Manager, Township of Jenkins, Ref: Open Records Request, 461/2 Main Street, Pittston, PA 18640
• Requests can be Faxed to 570-654-3316
A fee is charged for all copies. Copies will not be provided until the fee has been paid. In a few instances (such as a request for a deed), the fees will be determined by a statute other than the Open Records Law.
• Photocopies of standard-sized records (8 ½ x 11 or 8 ½ x 14):
o one-sided copies, 25 cents per page
o two-sided copies, 25 cents per side
• Blueprints, maps and other specialized documents: County cost of reproduction, depending on size
• Postage fees: Township cost of mailing
• Electronic data: Rates are set by the Township with approval of the State Open Records Office.
The Township does not charge for time spent redacting or blacking out nonpublic information in a public document, but the Township will charge for making all copies needed to produce redacted material for viewing by the requester.
You will receive a response within five business days of the Open Records Office’s receipt of your request.
• You will be informed as to how and when you may inspect or obtain copies of the records you requested; or
• when appropriate, of any additional time that will be needed for legal review of your request or for the gathering or duplicating of the requested records; or
• You will be informed, when appropriate, that some or all of the requested records are not subject to production under the Open Records Law.
If you disagree with a determination of the Open Records Office, you may file an appeal to the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records. Visit the PA Office of Open Records website for guidelines and forms for appeals.